Friday, February 10, 2012

DIY Pillows

Now many folks have made decorative pillows at one time of another, I suspect.  I know I have, especially back when I was cross stitching.  Last year I saw a great idea for creating inexpensive pillows by using lined placemats.  All you had to do is rip out one of the side seams and insert the batting, then sew the seam back up.  I couldn't find any such placemats last year, but I did come across these Christmas hand towels marked down to a couple of bucks:



These towels were not lined, but all I had to do was fold in half (right sides together of course) and sew up the seams leaving enough open to turn the fabric and insert the stuffing.  Voila:


Cute, huh?  Now this year I've been more intentional about looking for placemats and I finally found some that are square in shape, have a Christmas theme and cost less than $4 each:

             

So pillows will definitely be on my gift-giving list this Christmas! :)  Next I'll show you some past projects I've made and given as gifts.  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment